Michigan Mud 2013
Delta College, University Center, Mi
Every two years ceramic artists, students, educators and enthusiasts gather from across the state and beyond the state borders to enjoy two days of lectures, demonstrations, panel discussions and exhibitions offered by the Michigan Ceramic Art Association. This year's conference will be hosted by Delta College, located just off I-75 between the Tri-Cities of Bay City, Saginaw and Midland.
We have a dynamic and diverse group of talented ceramic artists who are very passionate about clay and will be showcasing their knowledge and skills for everyone on the 11th - 12th of October, 2013. We are excited and honored to have Josh DeWeese as our Keynote Speaker and Demonstrator for this year's conference. Josh is currently an Assistant Professor of Art teaching ceramics at Montana State University in Bozeman, MT. DeWeese served as Resident Director of the Archie Bray Foundation for the Ceramic Arts in Helena, Montana from 1992-2006. He holds a MFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred, and a BFA from the Kansas City Art Institute. He has taught workshops internationally and his work is in numerous public and private collections.
Other Conference Presenters:
- Brian Kakas - Northern Michigan University
- Carrie Anne Parks - Alma College
- Clay Leonard - Bowling Green State University
- Adam Shiverdecker - University of Toledo
- Emily Duke - Red Star Studios
- Daniel Johnston - North Carolina
- Steve Hansen - Andrews University
- Tim Rickettes - Midland, MI
- Shay Church - Western Michigan University
- Blair Clemo - Grand Valley State University
- Margaret Carney - Dinnerware Museum
Apply Now for the Michigan Mud Student Exhibition
The Michigan Mud 2013 Juried Student Competition will take place at Delta College, October, 11-12. The deadline for submission is October 1, 2013 - Download the entry form now!